Sunday, October 27, 2013

Beep Beep! Part I

Hello World!! I got my license!! Yes!!!

That very moment when the examiner said congratulations...OH MY GOD. They should really install a video camera in these cars they offer for the road test so people can buy the video of when an examiner tells the person he/she passed.  I would buy it.  For sure.  

I pulled up to the curb after the test with my face super SUPER down thinking "I failed I know it.  There's no way she's going to pass me after that."  Exactly 45 seconds prior I got yelled at by the examiner for pulling over to the right literally 5 seconds later than she had requested.  She asked me to back up 50 feet. I wasn't close enough to the curb leaving her to yell at me again and telling me to do it over.  At that moment, with her pissy face and everything, I thought I pissed her off so bad that she was going to fail me.  I hated myself so much.  That was the final part of the test and then I drove us back to the beginning spot for the next person to hop in the car to take their road test.  I put the car in park and then she said it. "CONGRATULATIONS" (in the super monotone voice an examiner would say because it was 8 am and cold has hell outside).  Those magic words left me thanking her and the sponsor in the backseat a gazillion times before running out of the car back to Justin's car.  Literally running and skipping.  When I got in the car my face said it  all.  He gave me a big high five.  

I just want to thank everyone who gave me their support and love. Thank you for believing in me!  Big thanks to Kathie for telling me about Brookline Driving School.  Huge thanks to my boo Justin for letting me drive his car after work and on weekends and being ever so patient with me!  And for once in a really really long time, I forced myself to have some confidence and to believe in myself.  It was a restless Friday night.  I woke up at 5:30 am. I sat myself down in front of the mirror and told myself I better pass this test.  Put the game face on and just do it.  I put my dad's necklace on and prayed to him.  Then I prayed to God.  I still  can't believe it.  I did it.  


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations again Hanhie!!! Only one try, you really did BETTER than us haha :p

    ReplyDelete