New York gives me butterflies! That minute we're off the lifeless highway and I start recognizing New York lights and buildings, my happy meter goes off and skyrockets to the moon and back. One of the great things about New York is Justin's family. I've mentioned before what a beautiful loving family he has. Everyone is close knit and so incredibly kind. I adore how tight this family is and I'm not talking about his immediate family members. I'm talking about the entire Wu clan. All of his aunts, uncles, cousins, everyone! It's impossible to feel like a stranger at his family gatherings. Here's an example: we went to visit his grandma and the second his uncle saw me at the door, he put his arm out to me (and I was so confused) and he then took my hand and put it on his arm and led me into the living room jokingly as if I was a 97 year old granny who needs help walking. ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS. What I admire most about his family is their family history and how hard they've all worked. If his family was to write a book about how it all started, it would be an incredible story.
THANKSGIVING DAY
![]() |
| The Man Cave |
| Master Bathroom |
| Sun Room |
Justin's cousin had a housewarming party/get together at her brand new house and everything about her house was so classic. My favorite room was the sun room/reading room or should I just call it the gorgeous room? My jaw hit the floor as soon as I saw it. Everything looked as if it came out of those home magazines. We asked if she hired a designer and she said she designed everything from top to bottom herself. Absolutely stunning.
Black Friday Shopping
![]() |
| My corner in Macy's |
![]() |
| MADNESS |
Let's just say black friday shopping is not my thing. Macy's opened at 8pm on thanksgiving night and it was pure madness. I decided to plop myself down and sleep. I enjoyed my napped beside the fact that every time I opened my eyes, someone was staring strangely at me and I gave up sleeping after some guy rammed his baby carriage right into my knee. And sorry everyone for my inappropriate mannequin photo, but really!? You had to stuff his shorts to that degree?
Day After
![]() |
| Brooklyn Bridge |
| SO CUTE! |
We all went on a family stroll on the Brooklyn bridge a few hours ago. Call us crazy. A 32 degrees kind of stroll. It was worth it. And the "SO CUTE" photo! His mom wanted to take pictures, so his dad held up her scarf over her nose so she wouldn't get sick while she took pictures.Totally made me giggle out loud.
| Pies n Thighs |
What's New York without the food!? Justin's cousins told me that the fried chicken at Pies N Thigh is the best that I will ever have and that their sweet tea is to die for! I must say, the chicken was VERY GOOD. We ordered a little bit of everything off the menu. Collard greens, mash, grits, mac n cheese, brussel sprouts, cole slaw, pulled pork, waffles.. you name it, we had it! This restaurant was straight up hipster kind of a spot.
That's it for the night guys! Tomorrow will be a whole day full of adventure.
New York Love.. to be continued..
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)

The house looks awesome and justin's parents are soooo cute!
ReplyDelete