Thursday, December 5, 2013

Two-Five

So I am turning the big 2-5 on Saturday.  I am thankful for everyone in my life and everything that I have right now.  I'm not exactly where I thought I would be or want to be at this age, but that is ok!  I still have plenty more years ahead of me to achieve everything that I want.  I still have plenty of time to reach the tippy point of happiness.

So here's what I've learned about myself:

+They say to never let someone else ruin your day.  I try extremely hard to follow this, but some days, it's really hard to not let someone else ruin your day that was going perfectly fine.  One person can make you feel on top of the world and within minutes, someone can flip it upside down.  There's 24 hours in a day.  So you got scolded at work at 9:35 am..are you really going to drag it out all day long until you hit the bed?  Get scolded.  Take it like an adult, not a child.  Move on with your day.  Maybe something is hiding at around 2:00 pm that will make you smile.  Someone's negative attitude and energy can totally alter my mood, but I'm slowly learning how to filter it out, zone it out, and ignore the person or problem.  I want to look back and say "remember that day when x happened and we laughed like crazy and then jumped into the pond together?" and not "remember that day x made me so mad to the point where I cried and threw all of my stuff into the pond?" 

+Confidence means a lot and says a lot.  I had incredibly rough days and during times like this, your bestest of best friends come in.  One friend literally said to me, "f*ck them, you're awesome."  Any ounce of confidence you carry, it shines.  I remember being at the bar one night and I had on makeup, a cute outfit, my hair was done and everything, but something about that night, I felt like a hideous monster.  I remember standing there and all of a sudden, a girl walks past me in a plain white v-neck, jeans, and knee-high boots.  Her strut with her chin up and her smile was incredible.  I was like wow, look at her so confident about herself.  It was HOT.  Thank you hot stranger girl for showing me what confidence looks like.

+I'm really funny.  I honestly think I'm hilarious sometimes.  If you ask my closest buddies or my boyfriend how funny I am, they will let you know.  Ask Justin how many times per week when he is driving and all of a sudden something outrageous comes out of my mouth and I laugh hysterically and he just glances at me and gives me a slight giggle.  People think it's "sad" to laugh at your own jokes or make yourself laugh, but I think it's the best thing in the world.   


No comments:

Post a Comment