Thursday, December 12, 2013

New York Part II

Hello!  I realized I never finished blogging about my New York trip! The adventure continues... Click here to view NY Part I!  

We had to get up really early Saturday morning to check out the Brooklyn flea market in Smorgasburg!  The market moved indoors for the winter so picture this: a huge warehouse with over 50 vendors (food, antiques, clothes, toys, plants) and so many other things!  It was amazing.  We got there around 9:30 am while everyone was still setting up.  Yes, it was awkward for the both of us to walk around over and over, catching the same eyes staring at us while they were still setting up.  We tried the whole blending in and pretend that we have a station to set up too, but I'm pretty sure by the third walk around, we looked like tourists anxiously waiting to eat and buy antique goodies.  There was a reason why we were incredibly so early.  That reason was the Ramen Burger.

We walked around and around and couldn't find the Ramen Burger stand.  After an hour, we saw a guy wearing the official Ramen Burger t-shirt and literally yelled out to him "we found you!"  They were running a little late setting up, but that didn't stop Justin from standing right where their table was.  I decided to leave him and roam around.  I came back and all of a sudden, a line formed behind Justin.  I couldn't stop laughing at him. 
I think I am going to keep my opinion about the Ramen Burger to myself.  The crew was so incredibly nice and they're really popular and everyone has hyped it up like crazy so I will let you try it yourself.  The Beef Chashu was definitely better than the regular burger though. 


Other cool snap shots!
You see that Hershey's canister?  I bought it for $4!  This guy had a whole table full of antique cans and sorts.  The back of my Hershey's canister says 1981 Made in England!  And you see those type writers?  I stared at them for a good 5 minutes, hoping and praying the guy would ask me if I need help and then I wanted to say "can I pretty please click one letter?!", but he never did ask me if I needed help.  He didn't even acknowledge that I was standing there.  I walked away, very sad.  I didn't have the courage to ask him if I could click it because if he said no, then I would have been even more sad.  But anyways, those s'mores were the best I've ever had.  EVER.  
DESSERT
What's the hype over macaroons anyway?  I thought they were ok.  But my donut from Dough was extra fabulous.  The best donut I've ever had.  I know, you probably thing I keep saying everything is the best I've ever had, but really!  This donut was a damn good donut! 

No comments:

Post a Comment