Sunday, December 22, 2013

Your Special Day

Dear Justin,

Today is your special day (ok not really because I was suppose to post this on Wednesday and today is now Sunday..SORRY!). As cold as it is outside and with all the piles of snow everywhere, I still hope you have (had) a fantastic day. You're a great son to your parents, an overprotective supportive older brother to Jasmine, an amazing friend to everyone, and the absolute best to me. Sometimes I wonder what life would be like if I haven't met you. On really rough days, you find ways to make me laugh. When I have zero ounce of confidence, you make me feel on top of the world. Sometimes I wonder how it's possible to know someone as amazing as you are.

I know you're a great friend because the second someone is down and out, you're there to pick them back up. When they're stranded, you're their rescue. When they're being ganged up on and bullied by criticism, you're their defender. To have a friend like you is the ultimate plus.


 

Nothing was more touching than attending the WOW Showcase last week. You've been so stressed out from work staying late everyday, working weekends and pulling college-like all nighters to get projects done. So stressed to the point where you literally tug and pull your hair (which I find so amusing and adorable) but if you keep pulling, you will have no hair left! Even with your heavy workload, you still volunteered every Tuesday to be a teacher and a mentor to these kids. Nothing was more touching than seeing you interact with the kids and when they were too shy to present their ideas, you kept encouraging them, giving them high-fighs and hugs. I love that you love kids. I love that you love all 6 of my nieces and nephews. It's funny when my own nieces and nephews ask me "where's Justin?" the second they see me instead of a "hi auntie!"

I can't imagine going through the past year without you. Waiting for you might have been the best decision ever. Thank you for everything. You are a spectacular person and you really do deserve nothing but the best. I love you lots. Happy Birthday Mi Amor.
He lets me stick my hands in his armpits when it gets cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment