Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pretending.


I'm 7  minutes away from bedtime curfew (I wrote that sentence earlier until he face time me *face palm).  My computer was already shut off, but I decided to squeeze in a blog.  I changed my front to make me feel like some big shot writer.  Samantha James type music is on Pandora.  Snazzy.

I subscribed to all of these cool magazines like Elle and Time to disconnect myself from trashy media.  I submerge myself into Elle, pretending that I'm interning for some high end fashion company in New York City and read the columns and look at the colorful yet strange fashion.  I'm opening my eyes to bigger and better things.  It takes a bit more focusing to read through Time magazine than something I'm use to, like Cosmopolitan.  

This alone unwinding time before bed has become significant.  I think about what to wear for work tomorrow.  I think about my dad.  I take off my socks or else I get real cranky because my feet get too hot.  I think about what to eat for breakfast tomorrow.  I put lotion on my hands like the tv moms do. I turn on the tv and put it at the lowest volume possible.  Disconnecting until the next day begins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment