I went to Shanghai to Taiwan and here I am, back in Boston! So many thoughts, so many stories to tell, so many things to describe. Ah what a trip! Here I go (before I start, best bet I will do this china trip blogging in multiple entries):
Pre-arrival: Planes and I do not mix (felt like I was in a snow globe for 14 hours and the elf holding it won’t stop shaking it). Continental Airlines charged me $70 for my second luggage when it is clearly written in black print on their website that TWO bags are allowed for international flights (eat scum you liars!) I couldn’t sleep and didn’t want to eat my entire flight (boyfriend jitters wouldn’t give me a break). I watched 3 movies, listened to a bunch of random songs, including the Glee album, and finished my book, The Help. Painted my face so that I didn’t look like expired milk before seeing him. Then at last, HELLO CHINA.
Surviving Shanghai (just little bits for now): Finding gifts was by far the hardest part of the trip, not because I couldn’t decide what to get people! The entire city practically sold nothing for souvenirs! Apologizing in advance to my people for the sucky gifts. C’mon Shanghai! No shot glasses? No cool trinkets? How is it going to look giving my fellow lads lacy granny underwear?
Next topic: Clubbing. So I was a complete granny and slept a lot and only went clubbing once and a few bars. But that one club – not too shabby. Boston should take a tip from their clubs and play their music. The tracks were sweeeeeet. I’m not talking about trance rave Chinese music. It was straight up hip-hop/pop 2011 dance music. High five to Shanghai for showing folks a real good night life.
Food: I thought Shanghai was out of their mind for charging food at such a cheap cheap CHEAP price. I mean, sure you can hit the fancy spots like this one: [I forgot the name of the restaurant because it wasn't worth remembering]
By the end of this date, we realized...we're not fancy people. I told him I never want to go to another expensive snobby place that puts my man's "burger" on a pita bread. Buns please? CHECK and next!
this is where you people stop reading because I am going to rant about my amazing boyfrannn.
After not being around each other for 4-5 months, this trip only made me realize that he is that cool and [insert mushy adjective].
1. People who do long distance are nuts. At least mine is coming home in 6 months.
2. It really is nice to have a hand to hold again. And someone to pinch or punch.
3. The real test to see how much they care is to get sick:
I caught one of those nasty coughs and cold (gee, coulda warned me to get a mask too my chinese friends). See the difference between my boyfriend and yours is that he texts you 'hey are you feeling better' while mine runs up and down the block probably 7 times looking for tea, honey, medicine and more medicine. OH and when I knocked out cold for like 6 hours and at about midnight, he taps me and says he's going to get me dinner because I haven't eaten. And he said he filled the tub with hot water for me. Unfortunately, I never got in that tub and told him to just drain the water b/c I was too tired. True story bro.
4. Food never tasted SO GOOOOD with your other half. One of my favorite dinner moments was when we ordered a bucket of KFC for delivery (I KNOW, delivery!). I was so happy. Friends marathon, greasy fingers, my man.
5. I noticed things about him more than ever on this trip, like shaking his leg ALWAYS. And his hicksville awkward laugh when something is really really funny. He stutters a lot too, which is so freakin cute.
6. Love you always and forever my gem.
No comments:
Post a Comment