Friday, January 13, 2012

Cement

I write a lot about love or rather about my boyfriend ha-ha. I’ve always been this way though. People love writing about politics, poems about rivers and animals (I guess?), or about their wonderful selves. I prefer the topic of hand-holding and fluffy feelings. Session one: The Foundation of a Good Relationship.

1) Trust. I’ve driven myself crazy for the past 10 years on learning how to trust men and/or “friends”. Sorority – you imagine this group of bratty girls who makes gossiping a part of their motto. In some senses it’s true, but the best thing I got out of being in one is that you learn very quickly who to trust and which girl is guilty of talking. You know what’s another good feeling? When your man goes out to dinner with other females and you feel nothing. Ok maybe a bit of jealousy, but other than that – nothing because he has reached your 99.997th percentile level of trust. And think of it this way, every dinner he goes out with his gal pals – you get a ‘you owe me’ dinner date too for leaving you to microwavable mac n cheese that night he went out for steak.

2) Humor. If you’re around anal people all the time, then gee that is not good. Laughing makes that hour feel awesome. I’ll admit, when I’m feeling kind of dull and none of my amigos are around, I youtube/break.com “hilarious pranks”. Well worth it. 3 years into your relationship and he’s just not that funny anymore? Tell him to shape up and he needs to make you laugh until you cry.

3) Food. It made my list – ha! I pat you vegans on the back, but I can’t live with just tofu and lettuce. He shares the love I have with food. He lets me have the first and last bite. We’re such weirdos, whoever has to pee first, we tell each other to check out how clean the restaurant bathroom is. Scrumptious love must have.

4) Manners. I can’t believe I used this word twice in one post, but I am SUPER ANAL about manners. I take notice of how he talks to me. How he treats his parents. How he acts around my parents and how he treats all 4 of my sisters kids. Again, 3 years into your relationship and he still asks how your day was before he tells you that really funny joke he heard at work? NICE.

5) Communication. It took me how many stupid boys to figure out that telling him why you’re mad at that very moment solves everything. Yeah it is awkward to tell him you’re mad because he was innocently flirting with that cute girl, but you feel so much better afterwards than going through the torturous 3 days of ignoring his texts and telling him he needs to figure it out himself. Mad at your gal pal? Tell her or else she’s just going to keep talking about her new Steve Madden shoes.




That was my list. What's yours?


GO GET EM' TIGER!

1 comment:

  1. When you know you look like crap but he still thinks you look beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete