Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Colorful California

Wow!  It has been quite a long time since I've blogged! Well..I took an actual vacation away from everything for a week and here goes!

My first stop was to LA to see my Big Shimmer ("big" = big sister in my sorority).  I don't think I've seen her for almost a year.  

So many goodies! 
1. Blue Jam Cafe for brunch in Hollywood.
2. Half & Half milk tea - it was huge! 
3. Chicken Omusubi - the picture really doesn't describe how DELICIOUS it was.  

FM to the left and Teddy Bear to the right
 My big's doggies! FM curls up like a baby it's so precious!

Santa Monica

Hanging out in fabulous Santa Monica.  It was so lively and awesome.  Music everywhere.  People enjoying the sun.  Something super funny happened while we were walking through the crowd.  A scrawny small Asian kid stops this girl out of the blue and said: "excuse me, I just have to tell you that you're the most gorgeous girl I've ever seen."  Big and I cracked up like crazy. WHO DOES THAT!?

NEXT STOP WAS TO MY REAL SISTER'S PLACE.  

Little Saigon Westminster 
Girls day out in Westminster.  Nails & food! There's something about being in Westminster that makes me so happy.  You see, I'm Vietnamese but I really suck at speaking or writing or even reading the language.  So being surrounded by all of the Viet-madness makes me uber happy.  If you're from Boston, then you know that Dorchester doesn't really cut it compared to Westminster.  Anyways, Lee's Sandwiches is a chain and it isn't the greatest thing to pick to talk about Little Saigon, but right when we got out of the car I ran to the shop to get a sandwich before the nail shop.  GIVE ME MORE LEE'S!!      


HOLY MOTHER OF PEARLS.  This was heaven.  SPAM MUSUBI is my new thing.  It was SO CHEAP.  $5 for 3 huge rolls. 


More food!  Visiting the West Coast means eating In & Out!  Tastea, a huge huge bucket of shaved ice with 4 toppings for only $3.  Brodard rolls in Little Saigon.  And in the center what I personally requested from my sister and brother-in-law while I was still on the East Coast was their ribs. They were so awesome gathering the entire family together and throwing a mini feast for my arrival.  THANKS GUYS <3 

Last but not least, I went to Cali to see one the of cutest little boogers ever.  

KAPOW!  GIVING YOU HER STINKY FEET.
I missed her super much when I had to leave for Florida.  
Until next time my little ladybug! 

1 comment: