Tuesday, August 7, 2012

All Grown Up.

Night in Allston


I feel like I've written a post about this before, but you see..the title matches so well with growing older and forgetting stuff so easily.  My brain isn't absorbing or retaining information as well as before! 

When I was younger, I would watch my sisters wrap christmas gifts for all their friends and got so jealous that I had nothing to wrap to give to someone.  So I use to take the scraps of left over christmas paper and wrap my pencils and then tear off the wrapping of the pencil like a super awesome gift.  These days, we almost dread gift shopping because you think about the all of these things - you can't get them something too cheap or too expensive/if you got it on sale, what if they see it too/will they think this sock is ugly/gift-cards are so unsentimental! See what I mean?

When I was younger, I would save a dollar here and there and made my sister take me to the store so I can buy those 25 cent chocolate brownies.  Now, we don't even want to eat brownies or twinkies because it is "bad" for our us.  Instead, we should eat carrot sticks and hummus for a snack - what the silly duck!

Now that this generation is all grown up - buying cars, finding jobs, settling into relationships, making the big move into new apartments....it's a tad bit scary.  Don't you think?  I wonder why I keep self-doubting myself: 'you're not going to become the badass paralegal you think you're gonna be' or 'this ain't SUITS, who you kidding!?' (suits is a usa network show about some pretty badass paralegals/attorneys solving cases). 

ALL GROWN UP!  OH WELL.
LIFE, COME AT ME BRO.   

No comments:

Post a Comment