Thursday, April 17, 2014

A Little Secret


I'm actually hesitant to admit this, but oh what the heck! So my secret is that I'm studying a high school SAT vocabulary prep book. And I'm 25. There I said it. 

Why? I feel like I'm not up to speed in my vocab bank. And I know exactly why. I barely studied for the SATs. I went to SAT prep class, did my work, paid attention but I still feel empty today. I did the work but I didn't work to retain the information. I beat myself up and ask, why aren't I using big people words!? I can't be a hot shot one day in my career and not understand the big words used during meetings!

Another reason why I decided to start studying this prep book is because I started feeling like I'm not learning anymore. I want to better myself. I want have confidence when I speak. I need to project my voice. My noggin can't shrink! It's needs to expand! Every night before bed I try to learn one to two new words I didn't already know the meaning to.  

And that was my secret. Like planet fitness, this is a judge free zone so don't judge. What's your secret?

No comments:

Post a Comment