I read this really cool short and simple article in Elle about swearing. It's something people don't ever really think about. It happens and swearing will come out on occasions or as other people will say they have the "mouth of a sailor."
Here's some main points from the article that I like:
- (Clearly) It is unprofessional.
- It makes one appear "lazy, uneducated, and rude."
- Conversation and manners are disappearing.
I'm not sure if I agree with the whole part about a person being lazy because they threw a F-bomb into the sentence, but yes, it is unprofessional and a little uncalled for sometimes. So I put my mouth to the test and have been trying not to swear at all for one day. I started about two weeks ago and I have not succeeded yet. Somehow I always manage to let one S word or F word through. Then I face palm myself after. I've had some really rough days lately and Justin would hear it all..my potty mouth went soaring through the roof. BUT I'm usually considered the "goody-two-shoes" of the group, so when my friends read this post, they're going to think I'm out of my mind. Hanh...swearing..pft..never!

No comments:
Post a Comment