Ingredients:
Chicken - highly suggest thighs
Salt, Pepper, Paprika, Cayenne Pepper, Garlic Powder
Salt, Pepper, Paprika, Cayenne Pepper, Garlic Powder
Flour, Olive Oil, Butter, Eggs, Milk
| Step 1: Wash, Dry, Add Seasoning |
I got really lazy to measure everything out so I just eyeballed all the seasoning. Season everything GENEROUSLY. There is nothing worse than dry bland chicken. If you think you added too much salt, you probably didn't so add a few pinches more.
Get dirty and use your hands to mix it all up!
| As sous chef, part of his job |
| was to snap pics along the way. |
Yes I wear my hat in the house. All the time.
| Step 2: Coat in flour |
| Two coats! |
Dip your chicken in egg mixed with milk and then dip it into flour. Let is sit for 5 minutes and re-dip the chicken into the flour. DO NOT re-dip into egg mix for round 2. You will lose all the coating.
| Step 3: Butter & Olive Oil |
Put your chicken on an oiled rack, or onto foil with oil. I was doing a test to see which one will come out better. Rack or no rack? Crispy lovers, go for the rack. But I vote for the no rack.
Melt some butter and then add olive oil to the mix. Then drizzle generously, over your chicken. Any left over, add some underneath your chicken too.
Step 4: Bake for 40 minutes at 400. Then broil for the last 5 minutes to get that extra crisp.
(I had to google what broil meant..like what temperature is broil!? Broil sounds like a wet word like heeey dip your food into some water. Broil equals turning up the heat really high. I turned it up to 500.)
| Trust me, you won't regret it. |
Side Story
You see that sweater he is wearing? That belongs to me. He had to take off his button up because a button popped off and my mom had to sew it back on. So I lent him my sweater. Looks totally unfeminine...*giggles*
No comments:
Post a Comment