Thursday, March 21, 2013

Wheat or White?

While growing up, I don't ever remember people trying to shove wheat bread down your throat because it's important to "get your whole grains in."  White bread is just plain ol' bad nowadays aren't they?   Now you can't even order your sandwich with white bread without being judged or told that your bologna will feel more refreshed in between two wheat slices.  Well here is my opinion on wheat.

- The color bores me.  Looking at wheat bread makes me feel sad almost.  The bright white makes me feel more excited to chomp on my turkey, bologna, pepper jack cheese, tomato, mayo, mustard and sometimes lettuce sandwich.  

- My parents never bought wheat bread growing up.  Now that I'm old enough to walk to the supermarket and can actually pick wheat, I still won't do it.  People naturally don't like change.  I'm willing to adapt to change, but not just yet.  

- Wheat bread actually does taste better than white.  It's sweeter and actually has a smell to it!  There is no scent to white because it's so chemically processed by the time you get to poking it through the clear baggie at the market.  

You are the winner!

BUT MY FRIENDS! Today, I had to eat my sandwich with wheat bread because the guy behind the counter ran out of white bread.  It's only a matter of time before they say to me "no more white bread forever!"

2 comments:

  1. Its like sushi restaurants where there is no white rice and just brown rice!!!!!! :( NOOOOO

    ReplyDelete