Tuesday, December 11, 2012

24 Things.

I turned 24 this past Friday and it's starting to creep me out a little.  Sure it's not turning 75 (not that being 75 is bad either), but it's like holy smokes one more year and that is a quarter of my life.  So for the happy new age, here are 24 things I've learned:

24. Hardwork does pay off.  I have never gotten straight A's in my life and the feeling of "I CAN RULE THE WORLD with these grades" was amazing.  Along with good grades come with good scholarship money!  The difference on my tuition bill sure is awesome.  Work hard now, sleep later. 

23. Blogging is fun.  I don't have many followers, but blogging it like a mini-diary for me.  Blogging also lets my friends get to know me better.  Or laugh at me.  Either or is good :)

22. Don't judge a movie by the previews.  Proof: ARGO.  One of the best movies I've seen. 

21. Don't judge a drink by it's name.  Gingerbread Latte, why did I not give you a chance before?

20. Facebook is deadly.  At first it was fun, but then you start seeing things you don't want to see and reading things that wasn't worth reading.  You start to realize how stupid you sound whining about why didn't get you x many "likes" or why hasn't this person accepted your friend request.  REAL STUPID.  It's okay to take a break from fb.  Go on and deactivate your account.

21.  Pinterest & Instagram are great.  Thank god fun apps and websites were created for people to express themselves and share ideas.

20.  Working out feels good.  Unhappy?  Work out.  Feeling fat?  Work out.  Having a groggy day?  WORK OUT.

19.  Sweat and Soul Yoga studio has the best cycling classes ever.  So what if it's overpriced?  Each class is $18 a pop, but this is one of the few ways I spoil myself.  They have the most awesome instructors with the most kick-ass playlists.  Their bikes are the Real Ryder Bikes that sways.  They installed black lights.  You'll leave feeling sore, but in top notch shape and will probably need hearing aids because they pump the music so loud, you can't even hear what the teacher is yelling about.  I'm sure if they said a Gordon Ramsey line: "c'mon you fat cow!" you wouldn't even notice ha!

18. Taking a trip outside of the U.S.  is one of the best things you could do for yourself.  You learn to really appreciate what you have at home.  You experience such GOOD NEW FOOD you're not use to.  You appreciate nature more.  And depending on where you go, you learn to hate long torturous plane rides.

17. Some trashy shows are entertaining while others are just a shame.  I admit I do watch Teen Mom, Jersey Shore, K-Town, etc.  BUT I WILL NOT go as low as Honey Boo Boo.

16. My body isn't the same as it use to be.  Tolerance of alcohol has gone way down.  My bedtime can be earlier than a 10 year old's.  There has been a lot more of body aches and pains.  Grandma status check it out.

15. New York is a fantastic city.  Dear NY, I'm sold.  I actually can't wait to move there.  That is if I have a car and join a gym.

14. I'm such a chicken when it comes to driving.  So sue me.  I still don't have my license.  I'm afraid of getting hit or hitting someone.  Give me a break!

13.  Don't watch K-Drama if you're hungry.  At some point there will be a scene of someone eating ramen or rice with some sort of chigae.  Don't even get me started on ramen.

12. Don't wear heels to the club.   Looking good from head to toe?  I think looking good from head to ankle is good enough.  While you do a two step in your heels, I'll pop drop and lock it.

11. Starbucks vs. Dunkins.  DDs has better food options while Starbucks has more drink options.  Can they just combine the two and create..STUNKINS?

OK I will stop the silly factory and be serious.  Here's the final 10:

10. Being by myself is fine by me.  I use to cringe eating by myself, but having a meal by yourself isn't some tragic like going to prom by yourself.  Relax.  Appreciate yourself.  Some people really irk me when they claim they must have a boyfriend.  What happened to self-independence?  You don't need a boyfriend to be fabulous.  Don't lower your standards to accept the next bad thing that comes strolling in.

09. It's okay to tell someone they're being a bitch.  I got so tired of being overly nice to people and sucking it up every time someone said something negative about me to my face or behind my back.  Some people really just needs to be put in their place, especially when they have no right to say whatever hurtful thing they just said to you.  "There's a difference from being polite and being a doormat."

07. Friendships change.  People aren't always going to remain the same, including you.  You grew up together, but you grow apart.  You meet new people and those new people become your new friends and its hard to smush the past and present together.  I learned that it's OK.  No point in faking it or forcing the relationship too go on.  Just be civil.

06. [Something about death].  I'm suppose to write something about death here, but its too emotional for me so just fill in the blanks.

05. Be nicer to family.  Sometimes, I have my morals all mixed up.  I noticed I'm nicer to my friends than some of my family members, which is a big NO-NO.  My friends didn't give birth to me or raise me.  My friends don't pick me up financially when I start to panic about how to make the payment deadline on my tuition.  The reason why people are nicer to their friends than their family is because its socially awkward to flip out on your friends or to have a screaming match with your friend over something stupid.  You're meaner to your little sister because you feel as if you can.  You yell at your Dad for not driving you to x place because you want to be a brat instead of taking the bus.  It's time to flip the script.

04. Cut the bad people out.  Superficial materialistic people make me sick to my stomach.  All your Gucci bags and MAC makeup isn't going to fix the ugly in you.  People who treat their dog better than you as a friend or girlfriend, cut them.  You don't need em'.

03. I should stop taking my boyfriend for granted.  Sometimes he tells me this (which makes me laugh, but I shouldn't be).  Some days I don't want hugs or kisses.  When he says he loves me, I just say "mmhm".  Some days, I get so mad at him for the littlest stuff that I forget about the 100 other nicer things he's done for me.  iSORRY :(

02. Confidence is everything.  I know, how cliche.  This is probably in every magazine there is, but it really is.  Confidence shows through your clothes, your work product, the way you walk and talk, etc.  I'm working on it.  I really am.  I watched this TED video (if you want more info, ask me), where sometimes, you just have to fake it until you believe it.

01. Nothing makes me happier than food.  Silly right?  But really, you should see how I act in Boston vs. how I act every time I make a trip out to New York.  You should see how my mood changes post breakfast...or lunch or dinner haha.  FOOD IS EVERYTHING.  Don't you forget that!


ALRIGHTY THEN.  Did you read all of that?  If you didn't that's fine..I wouldn't want to read all of that either.  But anyways, here are some photos from my fabulous birthday.  Thank to you my crew for making it one of the best nights of my life.  It was so special to me that the next morning when I re-read all of the cards, I teared up.  How did I meet just amazing, genuine people?  Lucky Duck Me.  
CHEERS TO 24!



My fav boogers.

Special thanks to MINI BEE for teaching me how to use Instagram&InstaFrames. 


1 comment:

  1. yay to 24. remember to change your profile description! lol

    ReplyDelete