I just made my first burger ever from scratch and it was pure heaven (says the boyfriend). I got the recipe from littlemissmomma (her blog is awesome! follow her!) I swear, you won't regret it if you follow this recipe.
2 lbs of ground beef (80/20)
1/2 cup of grated monterrey jack cheese
1/4 cup of bbq sauce
salt, pepper, and onion powder
(not cayenne pepper whoopsie i took a pic of the wrong bottle)
Mix mix mix!
While mixing, I just added salt, pepper, and onion powder here and there.
Make it round and don't forget to add the indent of the patty.
The Secret Sauce:
| "Honey! Put it down so I can take a picture!!" |
| The boyfriend bite. |
A side of fries please:
Potatoes, Salt, Pepper, Cayenne Pepper, Cheese, Sour Cream
Season it and add oil.
Bake for 40-60 minutes. Voila!
I totally forgot to add bacon. Shucks, next time!
I asked him "on a scale of 1-10 what would you rate the burger?" He said "15!!" I'm such a happy camper and so proud of myself for getting through this. I RARELY like eating my own cooking. Don't ask me why, I really don't know. Something about knowing every step and every ingredient makes things less fun for me, but tonight...I was so in love with my burger haha. I've been trying to cook more lately because I'm trying to impress him and make him think I'll be super wifey in the future. The look on his face every time I cook for him is absolutely worth it.
I have two friends coming over for dinner and Justin said he wants another one...so excuse me folks.
ENJOY! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
wow looks so tasty that even I want a bite! But I won't do it. lol
ReplyDelete